Until then, here's a glimpse of what critics are saying about the side-scrolling action adventure coming from WayForward and Gearbox Software:
- "Aliens: Infestation is Metroid with Xenomorphs, and it's fantastic." - Destructoid
- "A game for the DS which is truly a tense, and decidedly frightening experience." - 4Player Podcast
- "I enjoyed the hell out of my brief demo." - GamesRadar
- "Hits pretty much all the sweet spots I look for in an action game." - 1UP.com
With PAX Prime and Gamescom behind us, here's a look at what people are saying about Borderlands 2:
- "The variety of environments, enemies, weaponry, and tactics seem to indicate...Borderlands 2 will be far more than an iterative sequel." - OXM ONLINE
- Destructoid Interview with Art Director Jeramy Cooke
- "Rarely have I gotten this hyped for a game." - HAWTwired
- "An overhauled game with plenty of fresh surprises." - GameGrin
- "The chance to sit in on a Borderlands 2 demo was the highlight of my Saturday." - CraveOnline
- "Shaping up to be a great sequel to one of the best co-op games of this generation." - Co-Optimus
- "The spirit of Borderlands is very much alive and well in the sequel: The crazy guns, the hordes of enemies, the RPG elements, and the wry, self-aware humor. It’s more of what you love." - GameHounds
We've been traveling around the world, showing Aliens: Colonial Marines to press and gamers alike.
Here's what they have to say:
- "Looking very impressive." - PlayStation.Blog
- "Easily one of the most exciting games of the show." - GameGrin
- "Gearbox is not messing around, and it showed." - Platform Nation
- "Looks and feels faithful to its movie inspiration." - 1UP
Hard as it is to believe that it's already over, that's a wrap for PAX Prime 2011.
It was an incredible show filled with truly awesome people, so much so that those who attended our panel received a voucher for a free copy of Borderlands 2 thanks to our partners at 2K Games. (Remember when we said you wouldn't want to miss it?)
Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to see Borderlands 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines - your cheers, applause and encouraging words are greatly appreciated. We can't wait to show you more!
Detailed during our panel at PAX Prime, BTest is the code-name for an experimental update coming to the Steam version of Borderlands PC on September 9. Read on for more details...
Each year at PAX Prime we kick off our panel with some delicious pizza, but what you may not know is that we have the toppings specially arranged as well. This year's pizza featured the Vault symbol from Borderlands!
Borderlands 2 is at PAX Prime and people can't get enough of it! Here's what they're saying:
- "Looking very polished and fun." - G4tv
- "Hasn't lost any of its dark sense of humor." - The Escapist
- "The freaking moon launches rockets...Yeah, that happens." - GotGame
- "All four characters from the original Borderlands would return to play a role in the story." - GameRevolution
Coming to PAX Prime? We'll see you there!
Stop by the booths below for the latest on Borderlands 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines, and be sure to attend our "Inside Gearbox Software" panel on Sunday -- you won't want to miss it!
- Borderlands 2
2K Games Booth (Level 4 - Booth #3417)
August 26th - August 28th, 10:00am - 6:00pm Daily
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
SEGA Booth (Level 4 - Booth #3625)
August 26th - August 28th, 10:00am - 6:00pm Daily
- Inside Gearbox Software Panel
Sunday August 28th 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Check out some of the previews, interviews and news below, and stay tuned for more from PAX Prime this weekend!
- "Better, richer, deeper, sillier, wilder." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "I want Borderlands 2 in my disc drive and in my face as soon as possible." - Dealspwn.com
- "Shaping up rather nicely, with changes where changes are welcome and leaving the core that made the original so much fun." - Destructoid
- "Pandora and its suite of gun-toting psycho midgets never looked so sweet...[it] thoroughly amazes me at how much this game has improved." - 1UP
Aliens: Colonial Marines previews and interviews from Gamescom are still coming in!
Here's a taste of the latest:
- "Clearly a labour of love...dripping with fan service." - VG247
- "Fast, slick and suspenseful, everything you'd ask for from an Aliens game." - Kotaku
The excitement for Borderlands 2 continues to build with the latest articles and details straight out of Gamescom:
- "A sequel that's already looking nail-on to top its predecessor." - CVG
- "Story takes on a significantly more important role in Borderlands 2." - GamePro
- "Those playing split-screen will be able to go online and connect with two other players." - Joystiq
- "Borderlands 2's 'disposable razor-style' guns from fictional manufacturer Tediore, the Walmart of intergalactic gunmakers, already stand out as one of the game's better features." - Kotaku
As Gamescom continues, more Borderlands 2 previews have arrived:
- Don't See Your Job Here?
- Web and Social Content Editor
- Community Manager
- Marketing Producer
- Support Manager
- Web Designer
- White Box Programmer
- Environment Artists
- Server Programmer
- Dev Ops Systems Engineer
- Junior Tools Programmer
- Visual Effects Animator / Artist
- Release Engineering Lead
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Art Intern
- Visual Effects Artist
- Gameplay Programmer
- Senior Server Programmers
- Character Artist
- Release Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineering Lead
- Technical Artist
- Online Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- UI Programmer
- Software Development Engineer/Test