Borderlands 2 will be playable at PAX East, where attendees will be able to take control of Maya the Siren or Salvador the Gunzerker and explore Caustic Caverns! You'll find Borderlands 2 at the 2K Games booth -- check out the map here. Plus, everyone that plays Borderlands 2 will leave with an exclusive PAX East baseball tee, complete with the Vault logo.
Oh, and don't miss the Gearbox Software panel on Sunday, April 8th at 4:30pm in Manticore Theatre!
For those of you who aren't coming to PAX East, we'll be streaming Borderlands 2 coverage LIVE at twitch.tv/2k. Tune in on Saturday, April 7th from 1 - 4 PM ET and Sunday, April 8th from Noon - 1 PM ET to see exclusive direct feed gameplay and interviews with the team, including Borderlands 2 Creative Director Paul Hellquist, Art Director Jeramy Cooke, Concept Designer Scott Kester, and David "The Voice of Claptrap" Eddings!
Check out Vox Games' chat with President and CEO Randy Pitchford about the past, present and possible future of Gearbox Software - From 'Half-Life' to 'Borderlands': Gearbox rides the rocket.
In unveiling its new GeForce GTX 680, NVIDIA invited Gearbox Software to demonstrate the new hardware with Borderlands 2. Check out what the press had to say:
The PC version of Gearbox Software's upcoming Borderlands 2 is set to support many PhysX enhancements. These include water that reacts accurately to a player's movements, rippling and splashing around the environment as you walk through it. Borderlands 2 also makes use of PhysX to render destruction. For example, fire a rocket launcher into the ground, and huge chunks of earth and gravel fly into the air. The resulting debris settles on the floor, where you can kick it around by walking through it. - GameSpot
TXAA is a combination of hardware anti-aliasing, higher (“film style”) quality AA resolve and optional temporal components for increased quality (in TXAA2) ...Not every game will support TXAA right off the bat this coming year, (Borderlands 2 and MechWarrior Online are among a few that already will)... - PC Gamer
At NVIDIA's Editor's Day, Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford showed off Borderlands 2 and how it implemented PhysX. Fluids pooled and flowed in complete real-time, and even reacted to explosions -- splashing about into numerous smaller puddles. Cloth materials reacted accordingly to foreign objects, and could even be torn and shredded when fired at. It was quite incredible how these effects could be handled with such relative ease in real-time, when just five years ago it took me several hours to render them for 3D animations on a high-end PC. - Destructoid
It's a busy time for us here at Gearbox Software!
Here's a quick roundup of the latest news and events:
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Coming to PAX East
- Aliens: Colonial Marines will be at PAX East! We'll have more details before the show kicks off, but one thing's for sure -- you will NOT want to miss this.
- Updated List of Borderlands 2 Premiere Club Retailers
- Check out the latest list of retailers offering a Borderlands 2 pre-order with Premiere Club access!
- 2012 Gearbox Dessert Challenge Throwdown
- The culinary competition inside the Gearbox Software expands into the arena of desserts with the first-ever Gearbox Dessert Challenge Throwdown.
- Gearbox's PAX East Panel
- Gearbox Software is coming to PAX East! Join us for our panel on Sunday, April 8th at 4:30pm in Manticore Theatre to hear from the makers of Aliens: Colonial Marines, Borderlands 2 and more! And let's not forget about FREE PIZZA!
Recently at SXSW, Gearbox's Stephanie Puri (Focus Test Manager) and Matt Armstrong (Game Designer) hosted a panel to detail the role of user research in our games, particularly in the case of the original Borderlands.
Fortunately for those of us unable to attend the presentation, some press members were in the audience and have written about it:
- Building A Better Borderlands - One Student at A Time at G4
- How Gearbox's 'Truth Team' outwitted Borderlands feedback at Vox Games
In addition, you can find the slides from the presentation here.
To learn more about eligibility and requirements for Focus Testing at Gearbox Software, visit gearboxsoftware.com/focus
Building off the success of the annual Gearbox Chili Cook-Off, the culinary competition inside the studio recently expand into the arena of desserts with the first-ever Gearbox Dessert Challenge Throwdown.
The competition was split amongst three categories -- Cake, Cookie, and Misc. Desserts -- each judged on presentation, taste, aroma, texture and creativity.
- Gearbox Talks Borderlands 2's New Characters, Multiplayer Tweaks, And Dubstep
- X-List: Best 4-Player Co-Op Games
- The key to 'Borderlands' is guns, lots of them
- Trophy Hunters: Here Are Your Top 10 Platinums
- To catch up with all the new info, Game Informer's Phil Kollar spoke with Writer Anthony Burch and Concept Designer Scott Kester.
- Adam Sessler and Blair Herter count down their five favorite 4-player co-op games, with Borderlands taking the top spot!
- MSNBC recently spoke with Randy Varnell, the game's design producer, to discuss both the first and second game’s key ingredient: a dizzying assortment of firepower to choose from.
- Did you know? Out of all the games on PlayStation 3, Borderlands has one of the most earned Platinum Trophies!
Attending SXSW in Austin, TX this weekend? Stop by the Gearbox panel on Sunday for some insight into the making of Borderlands and the chance to come away with some swag!
User Research: Lessons from Borderlands
Palmer Events Center
Sunday, March 11 at 11:00am
Matthew Armstrong (Gearbox Software), Stephanie Puri (Gearbox Software)
User research was vital to the success of Borderlands. Puri (User Research Manager) and Armstrong (Creator/Designer/Director of Borderlands) share concrete examples from the development of Borderlands that demonstrate how anyone with a need for information and some creative thinking can get the feedback they need with the resources they have.
All of the downloadable content for Borderlands is half-off on Xbox Live for Gold members until March 12, with some Borderlands avatar items also discounted!
For the discount to take effect, make sure you're signed into an account with Xbox Live Gold!
During DICE, Gearbox CEO and President Randy Pitchford sat down with X-Play's Blair Herter to talk about Aliens: Colonial Marines and Borderlands 2. You can check out the segment covering both games by clicking here or the image above.
- Don't See Your Job Here?
- Art Producer
- Web and Social Content Editor
- Community Manager
- Marketing Producer
- Support Manager
- Web Designer
- White Box Programmer
- Environment Artists
- Server Programmer
- Dev Ops Systems Engineer
- Junior Tools Programmer
- Visual Effects Animator / Artist
- Release Engineering Lead
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Art Intern
- Visual Effects Artist
- Gameplay Programmer
- Senior Server Programmers
- Character Artist
- Release Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineering Lead
- Technical Artist
- Online Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- UI Programmer
- Software Development Engineer/Test