Now that E3 has come to a close, we've rounded up more of the new Borderlands 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines previews that emerged from the show:
- 10 New Reasons From E3 to Return to "Borderlands 2"
We were lucky enough to check the game out again at E3, and just like last time, we were not disappointed.
- Hands-on with 'Aliens: Colonial Marines'
Aliens: Colonial Marines manages to do something only a handful of shooters have accomplished: instilling fear and dread.
- 'Borderlands 2': Get to know new hunter Zero
Zero's secret weapon is his mêlée ability, an interesting choice when players consider the first-person shooter is all about peppering enemies with millions of bullets.
- Grab your Pulse Rifle, Marine - Aliens: Colonial Marines Video
Grab a pulse rifle or smart gun, Xenomorphs are detected. Check out the multi-player gameplay for the newest Aliens game - Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- Borderlands 2's Robotic Assassin Is Unsurprisingly Awesome
There are tons of triple-A games out on the E3 show floor this year, but I’m anticipating Borderlands 2 more than any other title I’ve seen here. September can’t come soon enough.
- E3 2012 Hands-On – Aliens: Colonial Marines
The kill animations that Gearbox has created for Aliens: Colonial Marines are fun, fear inducing and perfectly suited to the universe they are working with.
- Borderlands 2 Hands-on Preview from E3 2012 -- Getting to Know the Assassin
Zer0, the ninja that wears emoticons on his face, prefers to work from the shadows with quick kills either up-close or from a distance. As I got to throw in the 12 free points given to me for the demo, I quickly ran through the tech trees to see what kind of ninja I could cobble together.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines multiplayer preview – Hands-on with the frightened, fragile marines
Playing as the Marines (and fighting against developer-controlled aliens) was a frightening experience – even with advanced firepower, coming in the form of powerful blaster rifles and incredibly strong shotguns, we never felt safe.
- Video: 2K Games Besties Booth Tour
Besties Russ Frushtick and Chris Plante visit the 2K Games booth at E3 for a look at Borderlands 2.
- My Brutal Life As A Marine In Aliens: Colonial Marines
I may have been murdered over and over by the xenomorphs' tearing claws, but I enjoyed every minute with the game.
- E3 2012: Borderlands 2 Keeps Getting Better
Borderlands 2 is a breath of fresh air and shaping up to be one of the year’s best games.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Preview
My time with Aliens: Colonial Marines was particularly sweet.
- Story Most Important Change to Borderlands 2
As it turns out, Gearbox’s number one focus wasn’t the guns or the character classes (although those underwent massive changes as wel); it was the story.
- E3: Hunting MOAR bugs in Aliens: Colonial Marines
I am still supremely excited for Aliens: Colonial Marines and remain ever hopeful that we're going to get a terrific new game for the franchise.
- Borderlands 2: Tons of Guns, Tons of Fun
I want more time behind the controller of Borderlands 2 to really experience all the class differences, skill upgrades, and weapons, because there is plenty of content here to explore, and just not enough time to see it all in one mission playthrough.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines First Impressions
Do you like games that are fun, fast paced, and spooky? If you do, you're going to love this game!
- Bright and beautiful Borderlands 2 pulls no punches
Borderlands was just stupid fun. Based on my experience playing Borderlands 2 at E3 2012, the game feels like the next logical step. It's more frantic, more visually interesting and much more alive than its predecessor.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Preview
The drastically different style of gameplay was fascinating, and seeing it from the other side had me dying to get some hands-on time with the aliens.
- Jared's 'Borderlands 2' First Impressions
ScrewAttack's Jared offers his initial impressions after playing Borderlands 2 at E3 2012.
- E3 2012: Aliens: Colonial Marines Will Impale You In The Chest
It’s clear that Gearbox Software and Sega spent a good deal of time trying to make the game’s atmosphere as close to the films as possible, and the end result is looking pretty good so far.
- E3 Preview: Borderlands 2
A cleaner, more stylish second outing that learned from its predecessor without sacrificing its merits.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Preview
Aliens: Colonial Marines tries to recapture the feeling of action that was present in the second film, although this time bringing in even more of the aforementioned Marines.
- E3 Hands-On Preview: Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 is everything it has been hyped up to be and more, and there’s so much left to take in.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Hands-On Multiplayer Preview from E3 2012
Aliens: Colonial Marines‘ multiplayer looks and plays absolutely amazing and will for sure have both fans of the series and of shooters spending many hours killing one another in frantic games of Team Death match.
- E3 2012: Borderlands 2 Hands-On
The game takes everything that makes the first entry amazing and multiplies it by 10. Weapons are even crazier and the humor will have you doubling over laughing from all of the hilarious banter that goes on. From what I played today I believe that it will be one of the best shooters we will see this year.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Hands On and Audio Interview E3 2012
I can assure you that the game is looking amazing.
- Borderlands 2 E3 2012 Gameplay - IGN Live
The sequel to the crazy, rambunctious shooter comes to IGN's E3 booth!
- 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' bursts with fun
They really just capture that frenetic, dangerous, intense, Aliens combat that you saw in the movie. It really feels like you're stuck in the middle of that.
- Borderlands 2: Going Commando
Kevin VanOrd talks about his hands-on impressions of Borderlands 2.
- Hands-On with Aliens: Colonial Marines
Once the match was over, I noticed everyone seemed to walk away with a smile on their faces. It was a fun experience, albeit a short one. I’ve been waiting a long time for Aliens: Colonial Marines and it looks like it’s shaping up to be everything I ever wanted from an Aliens game.
- Borderlands 2 Hands-On
Today I had the opportunity to play the demo for Borderlands 2 and it surpassed my already high expectations … From what I played today I believe that it will be one of the best shooters we will see this year.
- Hands-On with Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer, We Go Head to Head with Gearbox
The experience was a highlight of the day for me.
- Borderlands 2's Horse Cannon Kicks Like a Mule, and I Want You to Have the One I Used
There was one, and only one, gun I wanted: the Jakobs Horse Cannon [and] I'm going to give away my claim to one lucky PC gamer.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines E3 2012 Live Chat Replay
Senior Producer Brian Burleson answers fan questions about Aliens: Colonial Marines and offers a glimpse at some new footage.
- Borderlands 2 Preview: Going Commando
It's no secret that I love loot-centric games. Combine that with my love for first-person shooters (and the fact that I enjoyed the first game), and it seems pretty clear I'd adore Borderlands 2. Having just played it for the first time moments ago, I can say my assumptions were right -- it's every bit as badass as I'd hoped.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Hands On
One thing that shone through the entire experience was, well, its Aliens-ness. The game feels, looks, and sounds like it should; like the movies you know and love. Aliens are genuinely terrifying, and even the reassuringly iconic sound of the pulse rifle was unable to settle my nerves once i saw the tail of an Alien skittering up the side of a building.
- Borderlands 2: Zer0 Gameplay Video
Gearbox's Randy Pitchford narrates a loot-filled Walkthrough of Borderlands 2 and debuts the sniper class character, Zer0.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Preview
Lurking from above and skittering along the walls, the developers methodically stalked their human prey, waiting to pounce at the opportune moment. The drastically different style of gameplay was fascinating, and seeing it from the other side had me dying to get some hands-on time with the aliens.
- In Praise of Cartoon Violence: Borderlands 2 at E3 2012
blue skyscrapers, bright red and yellow mechs looming large, and changing pace from the first game’s endless deserts. All the while, the game’s new arch-villain, Handsome Jack, taunts the player with snarky banter.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines E3 2012 Gameplay Video
The scary world of Aliens comes back alive in Aliens: Colonial Marine. Watch Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford tell Kevin Pereira all about how the story game together. Check it out in our Aliens: Colonial Marine E3 2012 gameplay demo video.
- Hands On - Exploring Borderlands 2
In 2K'S E3 hands-on session with Borderlands 2, the returning co-op gameplay was very much in demand. The assembled journalists were able to play new characters Zer0 (yes, with a zero) the Assassin, and Axon the Commando, and this session specifically showcased a new multi-stage, objective-based co-op.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Hands-On Preview
New at E3 is the outdoor map, Origin … a much more open map than the previously revealed environment.
- Borderlands 2 E3 Gameplay Demo
Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford joins Kevin Pereira and Morgan Webb to discuss the sequel to Borderlands in this world premiere Borderlands 2 E3 2012 gameplay demo video.
- Wii U - Aliens: Colonial Marines Developer Interview
Learn more about the unique and exciting features coming in the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- Borderlands 2 Preview: Playing the Assassin
The Assassin felt like the most skill-based of Borderlands 2’s classes, because precision shooting had such a dramatic impact. By comparison, the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield weapons, and the Commando, who can drop down automated turrets, were more about widespread damage output and support.
- #SegaE3 - Aliens: Colonial Marines
The demo features four loadouts to dispatch the Alien threat, including the Pump Shotgun, Pulse Rifle, and Assault Rifle – all with their own underbarrel options.
- Borderlands 2 in PlayStation Home
PlayStation 3 owners can visit the E3 Booth in Home this week to get more information on Borderlands 2, complete a photo quest with Salvador and Maya, and earn wearable costumes for Zer0 and Maya!
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Video Interview
New multiplayer details and footage, including your first glimpse of an all-new multiplayer map!