New hot fixes for Borderlands 2 are now rolling out on PC / Mac, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!
Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 19, 2013
- Mr. Torgue DLC: Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.
- Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton’s turret and kill skills.
- Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
- Amp shots now use same sound effect regardless of whether player is client or host.
- Assigned price to Anshin ‘Evolution’ shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent — they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.
To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.