A new batch of hot fixes for Aliens: Colonial Marines is now rolling out on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3:
Aliens: Colonial Marines Hot Fixes
April 30, 2013
- Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier.
- Reduced Xeno Bludgeon skill stun duration from 1 second to .75 seconds
- Xeno Heavy Chitin armor bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
- Xenos are now more vulnerable to damage during ‘Rage’
- Xeno Rupture trait damage reduced
- Lowered the horizontal and vertical reach of Xeno Rupture
- Increased Xeno Enraged Pounce attack cool down from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds
- Reduced marine claymore damage
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Aliens: Colonial Marines is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent — they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Aliens: Colonial Marines.
To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Aliens: Colonial Marines boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.
For more on hot fixes and updates to Aliens: Colonial Marines, keep an eye on the respective Knowledge Base article for your platform: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3.