The first previews of Battleborn's gameplay have arrived! See what some of your favorite outlets had to say:
- CNET, Jeff Bakalar: "Battleborn… resembles a lot of what made Borderlands so great."
- Game Informer, Mike Futter: "Battleborn looks pretty darn good at this early stage no matter what you call it."
- GameSpot, Shawn McInnis: "I'm eager for a chance to sit down and play this new project from Gearbox. I haven't fully wrapped my head around everything that's going on in this hybrid of genres, but it's certainly grabbed my attention."
- Kotaku, Evan Narcisse: "With a bigger cast of characters, a core gameplay loop that's less time-intensive and the promise of a variety of play styles, Battleborn is Gearbox's most ambitious title yet."
- Polygon, Samit Sarkar: "Gearbox is working on much more than a MOBA, and is engineering this game to last…"
- IGN, Tom McShea: "Battleborn is trying to combine bits and pieces from a variety of places to create a fresh take on a crowded genre."