The first previews of Homeworld Remastered Collection have arrived! See what some of your favorite outlets had to say:
- IGN: "Seeing the remastered version right next the classic version (which is also included in the Homeworld Remastered Collection) was beyond night-and-day different, to the extent that someone seeing Remastered for the first time would fully assume they were looking at a recently developed game."
- GameSpot: “The loving detail that has gone into putting evident battle damage on ship hulls and the smoothness with which ships soar out into the sparkling starry wilderness is hauntingly beautiful. Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are no longer space sim games–they're adventures framed in works of art.”
- Polygon: “Ships still look like their classic counterparts, but with far more detail. Flat hatches have evolved into ornate hulls, and antennae look more like antennae, and less like burly stovepipes. Space itself is far lovelier; instead of battling in a black void punctuated by the occasional, errant star, battlegrounds can be shifting nebulas or spiraling asteroid fields.”
- Forbes: “Of all the classic PC games I’ve wanted to see remastered these have always been at the top of my list. The fact they’re finally coming out after all this time is just great really.”
We’ve also gotten a great response from folks on Twitter, the Gearbox Software forums, and Reddit!
Just saw Homeworld Remastered. Wasn't prepared for how nostalgic and happy it made me
— Adam Sessler (@AdamSessler) January 25, 2015
Just saw Homeworld Remastered. BRB, buying new gaming PC.
— Eric Neustadter (e) (@thevowel) January 23, 2015
HOMEWORLD REMASTERED IS TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZING YOU GUYS //t.co/RNIgzYPmx7
— Alexa Ray Corriea (@AlexaRayC) January 25, 2015
- Reddit: “The new graphics look incredible. It looks like some pretty significant changes to the UI as well that look promising. I can't wait for this to come out.”
We're glad so many people like what they've seen so far! Look out for much more leading up to the launch on February 25th, and be sure to pre-order if you haven't already!