The first previews of Battleborn's gameplay have arrived! See what some of your favorite outlets had to say:
- CNET, Jeff Bakalar: "Battleborn... resembles a lot of what made Borderlands so great."
- Game Informer, Mike Futter: "Battleborn looks pretty darn good at this early stage no matter what you call it."
- GameSpot, Shawn McInnis: "I'm eager for a chance to sit down and play this new project from Gearbox. I haven't fully wrapped my head around everything that's going on in this hybrid of genres, but it's certainly grabbed my attention."
- Kotaku, Evan Narcisse: "With a bigger cast of characters, a core gameplay loop that's less time-intensive and the promise of a variety of play styles, Battleborn is Gearbox's most ambitious title yet."
- Polygon, Samit Sarkar: "Gearbox is working on much more than a MOBA, and is engineering this game to last..."
- IGN, Tom McShea: "Battleborn is trying to combine bits and pieces from a variety of places to create a fresh take on a crowded genre."
Episode 3, of the Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is here! This episode takes a deeper look at the cast of the game: Nisha the Lawbringer, Athena the Gladiator, Wilhelm the Enforcer and Claptrap the Fragtrap.
Miss Episode 1 or Episode 2? Catch up here:
Enter the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit and face off against the toughest Scavs on Pandora's moon, Elpis! Survive the battle and you'll be feared and respected by the few left alive...not to mention the experience and gear you'll earn!
Did you miss our panel at PAX Prime? Watch it below!
You won't want to miss the Inside Gearbox Software panel at PAX Prime on Sunday, August 31 at 10:30am PT in the Main Theatre, where we'll have never-before-seen exclusives, reveals and other surprises! The panel will also be followed up by an autograph session in the Paramount Theatre.
We're also bringing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to the show! Stop by the 2K booth and be among the first to play as any of the four of the new Vault Hunters (even Claptrap)! PAX Prime kicks off on Friday, August 28 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle.
Want more? Stop by the Telltale Games booth (#3017) to playtest an early peek at the upcoming episodic adventure series, Tales from the Borderlands, and get your hands on a limited edition TftB t-shirt!
New Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel themed heads and skins are now available* in Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC! Your favorite Vault Hunters have taken to cosplaying their favorite characters from The Pre-Sequel:
- Axton as Athena
- Salvador as Wilhelm
- Maya as Nisha
- Zer0 as Claptrap
- Gaige as Moon Moxxi
- Krieg as a Scav
With today's update, all of these customizations are now available as extremely rare drops in-game. You'll also be able to immediately unlock one of the character's customization sets each week via SHiFT code by clicking the corresponding images above as they go live on their listed dates.
We are aware that some Xbox 360 users are experiencing an issue that causes them to be stuck in a compatibility pack download loop. To resolve this, please follow the instructions in this knowledge base article.
For help and assistance with SHiFT, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com.
*Requires active Internet connection. For more details on SHiFT and Hot Fixes, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com.
Want more news?