'Zer0 Sum', the premiere episode of Tales from the Borderlands, is out today for PC from the Telltale Online Store, Steam, and in North America on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 from the PlayStation Store and coming soon to other platforms. A Season Pass is available is also available on consoles that includes all five episodes as they release!
The full release schedule can be found below:
- Steam: Tuesday, November 25
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America: Tuesday, November 25
- Xbox One Marketplace: Wednesday, November 26
- Mac: Thursday, November 27
- Xbox 360 Marketplace: Wednesday, December 3
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 Store in Europe: Wednesday, December 3
The series will also be coming to compatible iOS devices via the App Store and Android-based devices before the end of 2014. To see what Tales from the Borderlands is all about, check out the archive of yesterday's world premiere livestream from The Nerdist.
Reviews of the premiere episode are starting to come in. See what some of your favorite outlets are saying about Tales from the Borderlands: Episode One - Zer0 Sum:
- "Tales from the Borderlands is brilliant proof that professional fan fiction can be a beautiful thing. The first episode "Zer0 Sum" sets a high entry bar into the series but one that's fun to surmount." - Gamespot (9/10)
- "Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1: "Zer0 Sum" is everything I'd expected from Telltale's take on this franchise, executed with such skill that it's hard to find anything to complain about. - Polygon (8.5/10)
- "Telltale's trip back to its comedy roots is a triumph. Rhys and Fiona are a duo I want to spend more time with." - PCGamesN (9/10)
- "Explosive and hilarious, episode one starts Tales from the Borderlands off on the right foot, making it worthwhile to buy into the season early." - Gamesradar
- "Its consistently funny writing and duo of unreliable narrator protagonists set the stage for a great overarching story, and it feels very much like it belongs in the Borderlands franchise. If the rest of hte season maintains this level of quality, Tales from the Borderlands will be up there in history with the other great recent Telltale adventures." - Destructoid (9/10)
- "Rhys especially is shaping up to be a great character who's always going to be pulled between his natural urge to be a shark and the chance to become something else, while Fiona's profession all but guarantees back-stabbings and dramatic swerves." - Eurogamer
As part of our live Tales from the Borderlands premiere with Telltale on Monday, the Nerdist will be streaming the entire event live, including the entire first episode of Tales from the Borderlands, Zer0 Sum!
The event kicks off at 8:00pm Central Time on the Nerdist’s Twitch channel, so tune in for your chance to see the entire first episode before it’s even available for purchase!
In other Tales from the Borderlands news, Telltale has released a new video featuring Gearbox’s Matt Armstrong, Anthony Burch, Randy Pitchford, and James Lopez discussing the collaboration between the two studios and how the game fits into the world of Borderlands.
Look out for more info on Tales from the Borderlands – which will be launching very soon – and be sure to check out the awesome trailer if you missed it!
We're excited to announce that our new partnership with J!NX has officially kicked off with some new, officially licensed Borderlands tees! Pick yours up by clicking here.
Cold weather and the first snow of the year signifies one thing here at Gearbox: it's time for the annual Chili Cook-Off! This year, nine contestants faced off for the crown and the right to proudly display the Golden Chili Champ Spoon!
The judges had a difficult task at hand. Each contestant's chili was to be rated 1-10 in five categories: Taste, Aroma, Texture/Color, Spice and Creativity.
Special thanks to our judges: Randy P., Daniel A., Michael S. and Ell H.
The studio also selected one chili as "Studio Choice" by popular vote.
After all was said and done, and much heartburn was had, the judges had proclaimed their winners! Congratulations to the victors in the 5th annual Gearbox Software Chili Cook-Off!
- First Place: Anthony N. -- "Texan Plains"
- Runner Up: Keith S. -- "Relleno Chili"
- Studio's Choice: Rick P. -- "Vault Hunter Lunch"
- Honorable Mention (Best Combination of Pizza and Chili): Josh O. -- "Heman's Pizza Chili"
- Honorable Mention (Most Creative): Tiffany H. -- "Maui Wowie"
Gearbox and Telltale are excited to present the world premiere of Tales from the Borderlands, live from Gearbox’s hometown!
On November 24, the Alamo Drafthouse theater in Richardson, TX will have a one-time event with Gearbox and Telltale staff in attendance playing through the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands. The audience will be able to help decide the choices made in-game, plus will be able to receive some awesome giveaways, so get tickets now if you’re local (and act fast because they won’t last long)!
If you’re not in the Dallas area, you can still join in! The premiere will be streamed live on Twitch, giving you a chance to see gameplay even before the first episode is available for purchase. We’ll have details on that stream later this week, so stay tuned.
And if you missed it last week, be sure to watch the badass new trailer for Tales from the Borderlands!
Tales from the Borderlands takes place on Pandora after the events of Borderlands 2. You’ll play as two characters -- Rhys, a Hyperion 'suit' with dreams of being the next Handsome Jack, and Fiona, a Pandoran con artist looking to score her biggest ever swindle. The pair reluctantly teams up to reclaim cash they each think is theirs, and they encounter gangsters, bandit lords, Vault Hunters and much more along the way. Tales stars Troy Baker as Rhys, Laura Bailey as Fiona, Chris Hardwick as Vaughn, Erin Yvette as Sasha, Patrick Warburton as Vasquez, and Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack.
Tales from the Borderlands will launch soon on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC/Mac, and it’ll be on iOS and Android before the end of the year. Stay tuned for some exciting news soon, and look out for many details to come in the weeks ahead.
With the Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack, you can play as everyone's favorite maniacal tyrant-in-training, "Jack" the Doppelganger. As "Jack," you'll be able to summon multiple Digi-Jacks, which will join you in battle to mow down enemies and earn you more sweet, sweet loot.
For those who already picked up the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, the Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack is included alongside three future add-on packs -- a campaign add-on, another character, a level cap increase as well as a few other items. Each add-on pack will be available for individual purchase for $9.99 each as they become available on Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network Store and Steam, or as part of the $29.99 Season Pass bundle that scores you all four add-on packs for just about the price of three.
Additionally, free updates to the game are currently in the works, including a highly requested Ultimate Vault Hunter playthrough mode that allows players to go through the game a third time as well as reset campaign progress at any time.
For the past few years, we've held Community Day in Dallas and now we're excited to connect with more fans than ever before by bringing this year's Community Day to PAX South 2015 in San Antonio!
Gearbox Software Community Day is a celebration of you, our awesome fans -- the people whose passion and support make it possible for us to create experiences like Brothers in Arms, Borderlands, Battleborn, and Homeworld Remastered.
This year's Community Day will kick off with the Inside Gearbox Software Panel in the Main Theatre at PAX South on Sunday, January 25, and continue all day with more panels, meet and greets, autograph sessions, art and cosplay showcases, and more!
Gearbox will also have a booth presence at the show all weekend long! We'll have more details to announce later as plans continue to finalize, so stay tuned for more information over the next month or so. As always, don't forget to connect with other fans and let us know what you're excited about over on the official forums!
You'll need a Three Day or Sunday PAX South badge to attend, so click here to pick yours up now. For those who are unable to make the trip, we'll haven update on digital attendance (streaming) options soon too.
See you in San Antonio!
Introducing the Claptrap of the Month tee! Each month, a new Claptrap-inspired tee will be available for one week only! Our first Claptrap of the Month tee, Rubber Ducky, is available for order now through 11:30 AM PST on November 17.
Want more news?