You may have seen select press outlets sharing their first impressions of Battleborn along with a few gameplay clips earlier this week, but today we're happy to share the world premiere of our entire Battleborn cooperative campaign demo.
In the video above, you can check out 18 minutes of five-player co-op gameplay featuring five of the characters we've revealed so far: Oscar Mike, Montana, Thorn, Miko, and Rath. Before the video begins, be sure to check out a brief intro from lead writer Aaron Linde and creative director Randy Varnell.
Join Sir Hammerlock and MISTER TORGUE on an EXPLOSIVE tour of Pandora's moon, Elpis, in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! Grab a freeze gun, high-five your best friend, AND GET YOUR ASS TO THE MOON!
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel releases on October 14, 2014 in North America and October 17, 2014 worldwide for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Pre-order now to unlock the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit!
The first previews of Battleborn's gameplay have arrived! See what some of your favorite outlets had to say:
- CNET, Jeff Bakalar: "Battleborn... resembles a lot of what made Borderlands so great."
- Game Informer, Mike Futter: "Battleborn looks pretty darn good at this early stage no matter what you call it."
- GameSpot, Shawn McInnis: "I'm eager for a chance to sit down and play this new project from Gearbox. I haven't fully wrapped my head around everything that's going on in this hybrid of genres, but it's certainly grabbed my attention."
- Kotaku, Evan Narcisse: "With a bigger cast of characters, a core gameplay loop that's less time-intensive and the promise of a variety of play styles, Battleborn is Gearbox's most ambitious title yet."
- Polygon, Samit Sarkar: "Gearbox is working on much more than a MOBA, and is engineering this game to last..."
- IGN, Tom McShea: "Battleborn is trying to combine bits and pieces from a variety of places to create a fresh take on a crowded genre."
Episode 3, of the Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is here! This episode takes a deeper look at the cast of the game: Nisha the Lawbringer, Athena the Gladiator, Wilhelm the Enforcer and Claptrap the Fragtrap.
Miss Episode 1 or Episode 2? Catch up here:
Enter the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit and face off against the toughest Scavs on Pandora's moon, Elpis! Survive the battle and you'll be feared and respected by the few left alive...not to mention the experience and gear you'll earn!
Did you miss our panel at PAX Prime? Watch it below!
You won't want to miss the Inside Gearbox Software panel at PAX Prime on Sunday, August 31 at 10:30am PT in the Main Theatre, where we'll have never-before-seen exclusives, reveals and other surprises! The panel will also be followed up by an autograph session in the Paramount Theatre.
We're also bringing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel to the show! Stop by the 2K booth and be among the first to play as any of the four of the new Vault Hunters (even Claptrap)! PAX Prime kicks off on Friday, August 28 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle.
Want more? Stop by the Telltale Games booth (#3017) to playtest an early peek at the upcoming episodic adventure series, Tales from the Borderlands, and get your hands on a limited edition TftB t-shirt!
Want more news?