Gearbox will host a panel this weekend at HavenCon, the first LGBTQIA geek and gaming convention in Texas!
Gearbox’s panel will take place on Saturday, April 4 from 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM Central Time and will feature the studio’s own Randy Pitchford, Amanda Christensen, James Lopez, Amy Price, Chris Faylor, and Erica Stead!
HavenCon will run April 4th and 5th at the Holiday Inn Midtown in Austin, TX, with tickets available at the door. You can find more information on the official HavenCon site.
We hope to see you there!
MainFrame was composed and produced by Justin Mullins and features vocals by Kat McSnatch.
If you haven’t checked out Claptastic Voyage yet, it’s available now as part of the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass and is included in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, or it’s available as a $9.99 standalone purchase on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
We're beginning to add some Homeworld Remastered Collection ship models to Sketchfab! These models allow you to view ships in full 3D!
You can check out the first three below:
Happy Borderlands Day! Today marks the launch of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, plus the launch of the fourth Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel add-on, Claptastic Voyage and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!
Reviews are starting to come in for The Handsome Collection:
- IGN: “Sitting down to tear into Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, I couldn't help but be impressed by the sheer volume of content it wraps up: two great action RPG-shooters, 12 well-differentiated playable characters, and hundreds of hours of story and side missions that take you from Pandora to the moon and back again. It's truly an embarrassment of riches.”
- GamesRadar: “Few games look as striking as Borderlands' comic book-inspired visuals, and thanks to the enhanced resolution and bloom lighting, the environments pop more than ever.”
- Attack of the Fanboy: “Costing the same or less than the Pre-Sequel and its Season Pass alone, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is the ultimate option for series veterans and newcomers alike.”
Claptastic Voyage reviews are coming in as well!
- IGN: “Zipping from place to place on neon-colored data streams is a Tron-era fantasy few modern games have realized, for instance, and seeing code glitches and memory degradation made manifest as obstacles or objectives makes Claptastic Voyage feel refreshingly unlike any other piece of Borderlands we’ve seen so far.”
- Examiner: “This add-on campaign is a fantastic fit to the slew of DLC players can already find in the Borderlands series, and people will be thrilled with the amount of gameplay they receive for the price of the content.”
You can pick up The Handsome Collection today on PS4 or Xbox One, either physically or digitally! Claptastic Voyage is available now, included in The Handsome Collection or as part of the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, or on its own for $9.99 on Steam, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 3.
In case you missed the news last week, Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass owners can also get some exclusive skins today in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! Find out more details here!
UPDATE: We're still working to get the Loyalty Rewards described below up and running! In the meantime, redeem the following SHIFT codes for 25 Golden Keys in each game to help you get started!
- PS3/Vita/PS4: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
- Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
- PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
- Xbox 360 / Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
- PC / Mac / Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X
You’ll need to restart the game to enter the codes. These codes will expire March 31.
There’s just over a week left until Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel make their next-gen debut in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on March 24 in North America and March 27 internationally!
If you’ve already played Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 (or PS Vita for Borderlands 2), you’ll be able to transfer your save within the same console family. Here’s how it works.
To use a save from the previous generation versions of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, first you’ll need to download the patches enabling cross-save for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which should be available for download later this week.
Once you have that patch downloaded, follow these steps:
- Ensure all versions of the games are up to date with the latest patch (old-gen and new-gen) and you are connected to PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.
- From the main menu of the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions of BL2 or BL:TPS, choose the “Cross Save” (PlayStation consoles) or “Cloud Save” (Xbox consoles), then “Upload Save” function.
- Once the save has been uploaded, choose “Cross Save” or “Cloud Save” then “Download Save” from the main menu of the PS4 / Xbox One Handsome Collection game for which you’re downloading the save.
IMPORTANT: Only one save may be uploaded at a time. If you have multiple saves to transfer, upload one save, then download it in the Handsome Collection, then repeat the process for successive saves.
- The Xbox family of systems can only move saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and not the other way around.
- The PlayStation family of systems can upload / download saves from any system to any other PlayStation system. Think of PS3 / PS4 / PSV as a triangle, and saves can move in any direction (Vita saves are only applicable to BL2 and not BL:TPS).
- Uploading a save does not remove it from the original system, it only creates a copy of the save on the network.
- Players will need the day 1 patch for the Handsome Collection in order to download saves.
- Players will also need the most recent patch installed for PS3 / Xbox 360 in order to upload saves.
When you transfer your save, here’s what comes along with it:
- Character level and all mission progress
- Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)
- Backpack inventory
- Weapon slots
- Cash and Eridum/Moonstones
- All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale’s Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***
- Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary
Note that items stored in Claptrap’s Secret Stash in Borderlands 2 will NOT transfer along with your save, so be sure to move anything you can’t live without to the bank. Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.
Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The Handsome Collection for the first time:
- 75 Golden Keys
- A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
- Bonus character customizations
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- 75 Golden Keys
- A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
- Bonus unique weapons and character customizations
Note: These bonus Badass points can only be earned once and are redeemed instantly upon entering the game. We recommend using the Cross/Cloud Save functionality prior to starting a game in The Handsome Collection to transfer over your account’s Badass Rank. This will ensure that bonus Rank is awarded in addition to existing Badass Rank.
If you have any trouble, be sure to visit support.gearboxsoftware.com for help.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel / The Handsome Collection Update Notes & Claptastic Voyage Release Schedule03.20.15 - Andrew Goldfarb
Updates are coming to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection very soon. These updates include a few long-awaited features as well as support for Cross-Save from prior-generation consoles to The Handsome Collection.
The update will also add support for the fourth Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel add-on, Claptastic Voyage and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. On Xbox One and PlayStation 4, this update will add Claptastic Voyage and Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 to The Handsome Collection.
A full-scale replica of Miss Moxxi's Good Touch is now available for pre-order on the Gearbox store!
The replica is created by TriForce and limited to 500 pieces worldwide. It weighs 20 pounds and is 29 inches long, is crafted in polystone and includes working LED effects.
It will cost $700 overall -- the pre-order requires a $175 deposit, and an additional $525 plus shipping and handling will be required when the replica becomes available to ship in late Q2 of 2015.
The critics agree, Homeworld Remastered Collection is one of the best remastering efforts ever!
Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the newest sophisticated graphics rendering technology, plus a fully remastered score and new, high fidelity voice recordings by the original actors, and more!
The wait is finally over! Episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands, Atlas Mugged, is available starting today!
The episode is available on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, and iOS and Android versions will be available in the future. If you already have the Season Pass, you can download Atlas Mugged immediately, or it's available for sale separately.
If you're a Season Pass owner, you'll also be able to unlock some cool loot in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! Starting March 24, Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass owners will unlock new, exclusive weapons, heads, and skins to use in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
Note that your Pre-Sequel unlocks will be tied to the platform on which you own the Season Pass for Tales from the Borderlands. So:
- Xbox One or PS4 Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass owners can redeem their loot in the The Handsome Collection on the same platform
- Xbox 360 or PS3 Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass owners can redeem their loot in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on the same platform (note that these can then be transferred to The Handsome Collection using cross-save)
- Android and iOS Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass owners can redeem their loot in the Steam version of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
In case you missed it, be sure to watch the awesome trailer for Atlas Mugged that Telltale put out last week, and keep an eye out for more Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel updates this week as we prepare for the launch of Claptastic Voyage!
The Art of Homeworld showcases the beauty of Homeworld Remastered Collection with elaborate drawings of ships, level concepts, and scenes from the animatics. Making The Art of Homeworld is a time-intensive process. To ensure we print enough, please let us know if you want one! You can do so by clicking the link below:
Homeworld has long had a reputation among real-time strategy enthusiasts as one of the most challenging, immersive, and epic games of its genre. Now at last the stunning development art that made the game an influential piece of sci-fi design history is available for the world to see. The Art of Homeworld is curated by original creators Rob Cunningham and Aaron Kambeitz, and contains many drawings which have been scanned for the first time from the artists' personal archives. Also included are stories and information about the game gathered from exclusive interviews with Rob and Aaron. The Art of Homeworld is a worthy addition to the collection of any fan of the game or of sci-fi art in general.
Want more news?