About Aliens: Colonial Marines
Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favorite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, this first-person shooter is steeped in the eerie, claustrophobic and terrifying atmosphere that made the Aliens films successful worldwide. You and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy - the US Colonial Marines. It's down to you to not just survive but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
- Enlist in the Marine Corps: Bringing you a true sequel to James Cameron's classic Aliens, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and flamethrowers.
- The most authentic Aliens experience ever: Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley's Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring your death.
- Drop-in / Drop-out co-operative gameplay: The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions within an over-arching narrative. Additional multiplayer modes complete the Aliens video game experience.
- Loadouts and upgrades: Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customize their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
A new update for Aliens: Colonial Marines was recently released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in conjunction with the new campaign add-on Stasis Interrupted.
Details on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates can be found below:
A new batch of hot fixes for Aliens: Colonial Marines is now rolling out on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3:
Aliens: Colonial Marines Hot Fixes
April 30, 2013
- Adjusted "Recruit" difficulty to be easier.
- Reduced Xeno Bludgeon skill stun duration from 1 second to .75 seconds
- Xeno Heavy Chitin armor bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
- Xenos are now more vulnerable to damage during 'Rage'
- Xeno Rupture trait damage reduced
- Lowered the horizontal and vertical reach of Xeno Rupture
- Increased Xeno Enraged Pounce attack cool down from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds
- Reduced marine claymore damage
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Aliens: Colonial Marines is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Aliens: Colonial Marines.
To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Aliens: Colonial Marines boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.
A nearly 4GB update for Aliens: Colonial Marines PC is now rolling out on Steam.
This update contains the changes that were in the recent update for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, along with some additional changes that will be part of future updates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
This update also includes several PC-specific changes, notably: improved texture resolution, various visual improvements, the addition of a mouse smoothing option, and some fixes for PC-only crashes.
More details on this update can be found at the link below:
As this update is rather large (nearly 4GB) those players with limited or bandwidth-capped access may want modify their auto-update settings by right-clicking Aliens: Colonial Marines in their Steam Library, choosing Properties and selecting the Updates tab.
An update for Aliens: Colonial Marines is currently rolling out on Xbox 360 (3/7) and PlayStation 3 (3/8) with a PC update expected to release in the near future.
Details on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates can be found below:
The upcoming PC update will share many of the changes contained in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 updates, along with some additional changes that will be part of future updates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well as some PC-specific changes. Notes will be posted as they become available.
More Aliens: Colonial Marines news