New hot fixes for Borderlands 2 are now rolling out on PC / Mac, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!
Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
March 26, 2013
- Addressed an issue that could cause sound effects to loop during the "Train to Catch" mission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pimon from spawning in Wildlife Exploitation Reserve if players had completed the "Swallowed Whole" side mission.
- Resolved a rare issue where players would sometimes be unable to pick up loot dropped by Terramorphous the Invincible.
- Fixed audio issues for clients using the 'Hide of Terramorphous' shield.
- Prevented exclamation mark from appearing above certain enemies when they are not quest givers.
- Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC: Fixed an issue where Rakkanoth would not always spawn if players were too far away.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Handsome Jack's name to temporarily be in another language for the final boss fight when playing with a user in a different language.
A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent — they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.
To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.