Now that E3 has come and gone, we've rounded up some of the highlights from the show, including the first ever hands-on previews of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and first impressions of Telltale Games' Tales from the Borderlands:
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Hands-On Previews
- What's Old is New Again in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
"Space walking over enemies' heads, and raining elemental death down upon them before ground pounding them into the next zipcode has me ready to take at least one more new character to the level cap."
- E3 2014: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – Butt Stomping on the Moon
"The level design rewarded exploration of my new jump abilities by providing hidden loot and sniping perches at high, out-of-theway locations."
- How Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Offers Low-Gravity Thrills Without Punishment
"Gun fighting on the moon isn't the most practical thing, but for a franchise like Borderlands – filled with robots, mystical powers and a surprising number of lovable psychos – it's a snug fit."
- 8 Minutes of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel's Low-Gravity Action
"The entire time, I could only think one thing: holy shit, Borderlands is massive."
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Shoots for the Moon!
"Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ought to give fans of the original games just what they're looking for: more of the fantastic formula they love, with enough twists and new angels to keep things fresh and tasty."
- Co-oping Through Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
"I flew over guys and did the new buttsotmp down on them a whole lot."
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Played at E3
"The beam weapon in the demo acted less like a Star Wars blaster and more like the Ghostbusters' proton gun. Wild arcing waves would dance around uncontrollably, making the extremely powerful weapon enjoyably unpredictable."
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Arms You With Shields and Robot Parts
"All the shooting-and-looting goodness of the first two games is here, and this time, it's in SPAAAAAAAAAAACE."
- E3 Live Show Roundup
Tales from the Borderlands Previews
- Tales from the Borderlands Preview: Telltale's Storytelling is Worth a Return Trip to Pandora
"Telltale also seems deeply devoted to mining the Borderlands lore for cool characters and backstory, which is something I didn't know I cared about until today."
- E3 2014: Telltale Walks Us Through Tales from the Borderlands
"We walked out of the room with a keen sense of anticipation for Tales from the Borderlands' release along with a genuine smile on our face from the humour that runs beneath the narrative."
- Telltale Tells the Tale of Two Tales in Tales from the Borderlands
"I talked to Telltale's Richard Iggo about what else is different this time around. (Spoiler: Loot. Lots of loot.)"
- Tales from the Borderlands Preview – Life After Handsome Jack
"Telltale does a good job at recreating the wild, desolate world. A dead bandit hangs from a signpost with his head in a noose and everybody has a watchful eye, yearning for more loot and forcefully trying to obtain it."
- Tales from the Borderlands Preview – The Ultimate He-said, She-said
"Fear not, for Gearbox Software has opened the vault to the team of Telltale Games, and what the two of them has done is… well… badass."
- Tales from the Borderlands' Choices Are Anything But Moral
"The choices are still choices, but they're hardly 'moral.' Instead, you're choosing between two hilariously awesome choices."
- 'Nasty, Complicated' Choice Design in Tales from the Borderlands
"In Tales from the Borderlands, for example, you won't be seeing choices such as 'do you loot, or do you not loot,' Bruner said. In Borderlands, the answers is always loot."
- Tales from the Borderlands Preview – Borderlands Like Never Before
"Games of show. Calling it right now. Stop everything. Stop caring about your Zombie Shoot Fest 7s or your Fight Man Epic Quest 12s. Tales from the Borderlands is one of the most awesome games that I have seen so far."
- Tales from the Borderlands: Seen at E3 2014
"While it may be difficult for Borderlands fans to conceive of a series entry without direct shooting, it should come as a pleasant surprise for fans of the series' lore."
- Hands off with Rhys in Episode One
"…it looks very Telltale in the sense that your choices matter, but it also feels very Borderlands as well, with loot, jokes, and explosions."