The first previews of Battleborn's gameplay have arrived! See what some of your favorite outlets had to say:
- CNET, Jeff Bakalar: "Battleborn... resembles a lot of what made Borderlands so great."
- Game Informer, Mike Futter: "Battleborn looks pretty darn good at this early stage no matter what you call it."
- GameSpot, Shawn McInnis: "I'm eager for a chance to sit down and play this new project from Gearbox. I haven't fully wrapped my head around everything that's going on in this hybrid of genres, but it's certainly grabbed my attention."
- Kotaku, Evan Narcisse: "With a bigger cast of characters, a core gameplay loop that's less time-intensive and the promise of a variety of play styles, Battleborn is Gearbox's most ambitious title yet."
- Polygon, Samit Sarkar: "Gearbox is working on much more than a MOBA, and is engineering this game to last..."
- IGN, Tom McShea: "Battleborn is trying to combine bits and pieces from a variety of places to create a fresh take on a crowded genre."
PAX Prime 2014 has come and gone, but the memories we made will live with us forever, especially for one couple -- congrats Cassie and John! Fans were able to take all for Vault Hunters for a spin in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, go hands-on with Tales from the Borderlands for the first time ever, and were even treated to a special Borderlands-themed magic trick from Randy Pitchford at the 'Inside Gearbox Software' Panel.
Catch up with all of the happenings at this year's expo after the jump. ...READ MORE
Game Informer has posted a new podcast featuring Battleborn creative director Randy Varnell and lead writer Aaron Linde. The podcast addresses a bunch of questions from the community, including how leveling up works, how the campaign is structured, and more.
You can listen to the podcast right here on Game Informer’s site.
If you’ve missed any of this month’s coverage, take a look at character reveals, concept art, video interviews and much more on Game Informer’s Battleborn cover story hub.
Game Informer has a look at some gorgeous concept art from Battleborn along with commentary from art director Scott Kester, lead visual FX artist Nick Wilson, animation producer Trey Davenport, senior animator Dia Hadley, and effects director Michel Gagne.
The guys discuss inspirations and methods behind the creation of the art, plus how they’ve evolved into their final form for the actual game. You can head over to Game Informer to see all of the art, which includes environments, enemies, characters, and more.
Look out for more coverage throughout this week on Game Informer’s Battleborn cover story hub!
Aaron Linde, lead writer of Battleborn, sat down with Game Informer to discuss his background, his influences, and the game’s humor.
Aaron discusses talking to physicists as research and the process of writing funny dialog for characters even during battle, plus offers a lot more insight into what you can expect from the game.
You can watch Aaron’s interview right here:
Game Informer’s month of Battleborn coverage will continue with more next week. Until then, you can find everything they’ve posted so far on their Battleborn story hub.
More Battleborn news