There's a lot of different ways to play Battleborn. And we're not just talking about the cooperative Story Mode and three competitive multiplayer modes.With 25 playable heroes that can be customized each match, we figured that number would be pretty huge -- and it turns out we couldn't even capture the depth of Battleborn in one infographic. But that didn't stop us from trying!
49.6 billion is a pretty big number. Let us help you put that into perspective:
- Battleborn has 49,576,665,600 different hero and team configurations. You’ve got 7,367,013,205 neighbors here on Earth (and counting) – according to worldometer.com. Doing some simple division, it means that everyone on the planet, and then some, could jump into a 5-player co-op game of Battleborn at the same time and each team could have a totally different experience. Think about it. If you’re playing those odds, you’ve got at least 7 billion potential Internet buddies….aaaand unfortunately a couple thousand Internet trolls. Statistically speaking.
- There are 1024 ways for you to play each base-level hero. You could pick five different variants of a Battleborn hero and ship them to every country on Earth (196) and still have enough alternate versions left to fill the roster of more than three full basketball teams. Nobody tell the NBA about Benedict’s vertical leap, OK?
- There are 25 playable heroes in Battleborn. That’s more than SIX times the number of playable characters that shipped with Borderlands, Borderlands 2, or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Hell, that’s more than all three Borderlands titles combined.
- For every fully-ranked Battleborn hero, there are 7,776 different ways you could play (that level progression loadout can change every single time you play). So, if you had a single 30-minute game session for each way to play, you would need to be Battleborn-ing for 162 days straight to see every permutation of just one character. You ask us, that’s a pretty awesome way to spend several months of your life.
- FUN NUMBER FACT: 111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321. Because math. (Our resident math wizard threw this one in to make sure that you were still paying attention.)
Lothar Rendain, the Lord Commander of the Jennerit Imperium, has a message for you.
Pre-order Battleborn and receive the "Firstborn Pack" bonus pack -- a set of golden skins for playable heroes Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis and Rath -- when Battleborn releases on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 9, 2016.
Battleborn's Creative Director Randy Varnell sat down with GameSpot to talk about Lothar Rendain, the game's villain.
"Good villains are really important to us here. Part of making a good villain is to be sure they have motivations for what they do. We like to avoid what we call “mustache-twirling" that is, evil for the sake of just being evil. That’s how you get cartoon villains. But I think the great villains are a bit more complex. Complex, though, is sometimes hard to get across in a fast-moving action game, so Rendain and the Varelsi are both important parts of our conflict."
Hop over to the GameSpot article to learn more about Rendain and what makes him tick.
Taunts are important in the world of Battleborn. What better way is there to celebrate a hard-fought victory than by doing a set of one-handed push-ups next to the body of a recently defeated foe? (We're looking at you, Oscar Mike!)
We're already working on all kinds of awesome taunts for the game and want to give you the chance to influence our next taunt! That's why we're going to create an in-game taunt based on the winning submission of the #IAmBattleborn Taunt Contest!
This is your chance to have your taunt included in Battleborn and used as a victory celebration by millions of players around the world. Got a killer taunt idea? Here's how to enter:
Step 1: Create a video of your character taunt. You can pick any of the revealed Battleborn characters including the four newly announced badasses – Mellka, Ambra, Benedict and Reyna! Act it out on camera and make sure the shot doesn’t feature other people – you’re the star!
Step 2: Upload the video to YouTube (no longer than 30 sec), Vine or Instagram. At the beginning of the video, make sure to clearly indicate what character the taunt is for (show a sign to camera or shout the character’s name out loud).
Step 3: (Option 1 – Twitter) Post your video in a tweet to @Battleborn and make sure to include #IAmBattleborn #Contest in your tweet
Example : Hey @Battleborn, check out my badass entry to the #IAmBattleborn #contest <link to video>
(Option 2 – Facebook) Post your video as a response to the post announcing the competition onwww.facebook.com/BattlebornTheGame
The #IAmBattleborn Taunt Contest is open now through September 10, 2015, so act fast! Click here for official contest rules.
As we prepare for the release of Battleborn on February 9, 2016, the teams at Gearbox Software and 2K will be testing various aspects of the game and online infrastructure in an ever-expanding series of closed technical tests.
If you're interested in helping out with the testing, click here to sign up!
More Battleborn news